If you're having a hard time picking your podcast topic, don't move forward with equipment until you figure out your topic. Here are some things you might ask:
- What do you like?
- What are you good at?
- What do other people say you're good at?
Some other things you might want to ask is:
- What is the maximum size of the audience (If everybody on the planet that was interested in this topic listened, how many people are we talking about?)
- Do those people really care about that topic? Are they “rabid fans?”
- How passionate are you about this topic
First of all, you want to figure out what you're passionate about. This is key in choosing your podcast topic.
Why Are You Getting Into Podcasting?
If you can't define your why, you will never make it through your how because you will run out of steam. Here are some reasons to start a podcast:
- Be Seen as an Expert
- Reach a Global Audience
- Find Like Minded People
- Boost Sales of Your Own Products
- Boost speaking confidence
- Engage Your Community
- Make additional income
- Fun with friends and family.
Let me help you start your podcast
I have worksheets, and checklists to help you flush out the right idea for you. Let's work together.