When you get booked to be on a show your goals is to understand the goal of the show, and understand who you are talking to.
Here are some steps to take:
- Listen to at least two episodes of the podcast before your appearance.
- Show up on time. It is somewhat sad that I need to remind people (not you) about this.
- Make sure to understand the technology you are going to be using.
- Wear earbuds or headphones. Do not have the sound of the interviewer come out of your speakers as it causes an echo on their end.
- Ask them when it will be released and set a “to do” item on your calendar as some people don't let you know when the episode goes live.
- The goal is to not only get interviewed but to develop a relationship with the host. Think of this as a “co-release” of your episode.
- Be the guest you want to have on your show. (Think golden rule).
In the end, you want to understand the goal of the show and understand who you are talking to so you can hit the target.
Need Help Starting or Growing Your Podcast?
I would love to work with you. Go over to www.podcastconsultant.com and schedule a coaching session today. Want to learn at your own pace? Check out www.shoolofpodcasting.com/start